ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Valentine Day wreath

DSC07912 ,,,,

Technorati Tags:

Tis the season to start showing some love! I was looking in my box of Valentine decorations when I realized that I don't have any Valentine decorations. So with my budget being around $0.00 I decided it was time to shop in my house!
Supplies needed:
Cardboard                                                                                                       Ribbon/twine                                                                                                  Glue                                                                                                                                               Embellishments (old shirts, beads, felt, buttons)
I started with a cardboard box, left over from our Christmas packages, it doesn't have to be perfect you will be covering it! DSC07884 DSC07885  And then its time to start wrapping the twineDSC07887I knew I wanted to add fabric flowers to the bottom and so I didn't bother with wrapping it completely.DSC07895 Now it is time to gather the fun stuff. For me I used some old t-shirts I had and found some beads in a Christmas box.                                            DSC07896     I rolled some fabric flowers and placed them where I wanted them glued them down.DSC07902 I then added some beads in between the flowers and TA-DA! It is complete and within my budget!!DSC07912 I couldn't resist I had to make another one for my sister! This time I did ribbon and felt roses. For the price you can afford to share with the family and neighbors!DSC07911

15 comments:

  1. They are very pretty, thank you for sharing, I want to make one, if you okay I would like to link you post to my blog


    www.multiculturalcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great! Thank you for stopping by and looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white and red one, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is DARLING!! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So dang CUTE!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one with the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps. I loved the twine one so much I made it.

    You can check it out here:
    http://justbeckause.blogspot.com/2011/01/cardboard-valentines-day-wreath.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are awesome! You sure know how to make a mom feel welcome!

    Thank you
    Kori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! If I didn't already make my Vday wreath, I would have totally done yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be a great project for my girls. Plus I absolutely love a craft that doesn't require me to buy anything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rope heart!I will definitely make one to decorate my home at Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Free is my favorite price! I think this turned out great, and I love the other version you made your sister too... very swanky looking. I featured you today on my wreath round up :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/02/wreath-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Crafts made with things from around the house are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous! Can't decide which I like best, both are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had been looking around at monograms and I saw this homemade heart wreath, TOTALLY fell in love! I went to the store yesterday and picked up all the stuff needed but I am sticking with the monogram =) Thank you for posting this! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...