ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Friday, February 4, 2011

Cool Whip Crown

DSC08194Yes you read that title completely right! Do you have a lot of cool whip containers lying around your house? Well I seem to get oodles and I have a hard time parting with them for the fact that we usually use them as dog food dishes (Panda the Dog gets pretty excited when he sees them!).DSC08188
I was watching as Miss. A was robbing Panda and wearing his food dish on her head (YUCK!). We are approaching the “Dress up” stage quite quickly and that got me thinking, how fun to turn it into a crown. As I told Tara my idea I got confused looks! But here is a fun little tutorial in all its glory! How fun would these be for birthday parties, or just a rainy day at home. I made a boy and girl one to show how fun they are.
Items Needed:
  • Cool Whip container
  • Paint or Felt to cover container
  • Embellishments
  • glue
  • scissors/exacto knife
I started by tracing how I wanted the crown on the inside of the dish. Then used a exacto knife to cut off the top part. This way the top of the bowl (finished side) is going to be up against the kids head. DSC08190Add some spray paint (because it is quicker and I am impatient!) Plus it was a whopping 7 degrees outside!DSC08191Then comes the fun part add stickers, jewels beads, ribbons, or let the kids have some markers and color their own design.  DSC08192 Here I added some footballs for the super bowl! These are lots of fun and a quick little craft for kidsDSC08193
~Enjoy, Kori

5 comments:

  1. Saw this on a craft link up. What a great idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, isn't this just clever!
    Following you back and discovering I've been missing out on quite a bit of amazing here!
    Julee @Mommy's Memorandum

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, and one that my kids would go crazy over! I'd love for you to submit this project to the M&T Spotlight: http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great project! we are featuring it today! thanks for linking up. we can't wait to see what you have next week!

    tosewwithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I a new follower, and i love your idea of making this cute Crown and want to try it too. BTW you can also check out my handprint Butterfly - http://blog.memetales.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...